[argyllcms] Re: Profiling a laptop display

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 01:08:24 +1000

Marco Presi wrote:
I'd like to profile a laptop display. As such it doesn't have all the
controls typical of an external monitor, so I cannot control Brightness,
Contrast, RGB values (gain and offset), and so on.

If you can't adjust these, then simply skip that step. Such adjustments
can be made using the VideoLUT's, although this will trade some
resolution for that ability. If you don't have any particular
calibration target in mind (ie. you aren't trying to match a particular
white point or brightness), then simply go ahead with the
default, which is to use the native display brightness and white point,
and to calibrate for the default gamma curve (2.2 or 1.8, depending on
platform), and grey axis neutral.