[argyllcms] Re: Profile validation

  • From: Konstantin Pyanzin <kokap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 05:34:41 +0400

Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:50:51 +1100 Graeme Gill wrote:
> Konstantin Pyanzin wrote:
> > Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:23:42 -0400 adam k<aak1946@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >> As we know CM has no facility to validate profile. Is there software
> >> that would do this?
> >> Sent from iPhone
> >
> > For displays I use BabelColor PatchTool or UDACT (UGRA .
> > For printers I use ColorChecker, BabelColor PatchTool or FOGRA MediaWedge
> (v2 or v3).
> It depends what you mean by "validation". If you mean validating against some
> abstract standard, then some other tool is needed. If you want to validate a
> profile
> against a device, simply go through the usual patch creation & measurement
> process
> on the device, and use profcheck.
> Graeme Gill.

IDEAlliance MONITOR proofing certification (if using BabelColor PatchTool) has
defined a set of requirements:
- The measurements shall be performent with an X-Rite i1Pro;
- The i1Pro shall be "qualified" by IDEAlliance, meanings that it has to be
within a certain tollerance within
  relative to a secondary reference, such as the Photo Research PR-650.

For validation I usualy use my second  i1Pro. :)

Best regards