[argyllcms] Profile -r option

Hi Graeme,

I'm interested in finding out more about the -r option. I'm remaking my film scanner profile, and this switch seems to have quite a dramatic effect on the results. Leaving it off, i.e. default value, gives the best results in terms of avg and peak dE. Going from -r 0.5 to -r 0.75 and the error doubles. At -r 1.0 it's even worse.

You indicated that the default was too low, so why select a higher -r value if it gives a profile that is apparently not as good?

Just for info, in my case, -qh gave these results:
r = 0.25  avg dE=0.38 peak 2.8
r = 0.50  avg dE=0.48 peak 3.7
r = 0.75 avg dE=1.0 peak 7.8
r = 1.0 avg dE=1.6 peak 9.5

Which is the 'right' value of -r to use?

Cheers,
Milt

tly not as good?<br>
Just for info, in my case, -qh gave these results:<br>
r = 0.25  avg dE=0.38 peak 2.8<br>
r = 0.50  avg dE=0.48 peak 3.7<br>
r = 0.75 avg dE=1.0 peak 7.8<br>
r = 1.0 avg dE=1.6 peak 9.5<br>
Which is the 'right' value of -r to use?<br>
Cheers,<br>
Milt<br>