[argyllcms] Profile editing / colour reproduction adjustments

  • From: Milan Knížek <knizek.confy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:16:05 +0200

Hi list,

I am still learning about colour processing and while happily using a
regular colour managed work-flow from camera to print (thanks to
ArgyllCMS, Huey, DTP-41) on linux, I do not have a "professional"
experience with other tools - so sorry if I ask a stupid question.

Back to the matter:
What are the possibilities to adjust the input (camera) profile so that
its application provides more pleasing (rather then realistic) colours?
Let's say, that I would like to increase saturation of skin tones
without too much affect on other colours.

I have searched google and there appear to exist "profile editors" for
Windows and Mac. Anything similar for linux?

Or can I also directly edit the ti3 or the colour target's reference
file (which seems to me quite difficult) or possibly apply "inverse"
colour correction on the camera image of the colour target before
profiling (which resulted in big delta E and banding in colours)?

Thanks for possible advices or links for further study.

Best regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz
http://www.milan-knizek.net - about linux and photography