[argyllcms] Re: Problem with Spyder 2 on Windows 7

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:05:48 +1100

James Hicks wrote:
> I am having difficulties running ArgyllCMS with my old Spyder2 on Windows 7
> 64-bit.  In a nutshell, when I attempt to do a calibration after doing
> interactive adjustment of white point or level, I get bad and inconsistent
> values for black XYZ and the calibration fails.  However, when I skip the
> interactive monitor adjustment, the black values are normal and calibration
> can proceed successfully.  In all cases, the XYZ values for the other
> colors appear normal and consistent.

Hi,
        It seems that aborting a reading (by hitting the space bar), leaves
the instrument hardware out of sync with the driver. As a result, the
next read has faulty measurement values. A workaround is to do a "Check All"
before
proceeding on to the calibration. I'll add a fix for this in the next release.