[argyllcms] Re: Problem with 1.1.0 RC2 ?

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:55:53 +0300

Andrzej Duda wrote:

> The problems are not over yet, I'm afraid.
> When Argyll monitor profile is active, this is what I get on screen
> (Photoshop):

> Compared with i1match monitor profile:

> The situation changes when I assign a profile to the picture (Argyll
> profile active)

> Ekta Space looks as bad as untagged,
> AdobeRGB much better and sRGB almost good.

Yes, If Your working space is Ekta Space, Photohop treats the "untagged RGB"
files as the tagged ones with Ekta Space. So they should looks equaly. The
smaller spaces, sRGB for example, can look better because they are subject of
less degree of gamut compression.
IMHO, Your main problem with Your working space on display is the difference
between source gamuts:
Your display profile is optimized for WebCoatedFOGRA28.icc (Your comments in
profile). But Your working space is Ekta Space. Since Ekta Space <>
WebCoatedFOGRA28.icc, there may be gamut overlaps with "gamut saturation".
You should use Ekta Space as Your source gamut while profiling display. Yes,
for Your "paper" profile You should use WebCoatedFOGRA28.icc (if applicable).
But for a display - should be Your Photoshop working space.