[argyllcms] Re: Problem when buying an instrument

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:23:45 +0100

On Jan 18, 2008 11:37 AM, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can probably achieve volumes by liaising with homecinema and photo
> enthusiast associations such as homecinema-fr.com.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Mailhot

I'm not sure if Hal Engel is interested in high volume sale. I think
he focus on spreading colormangment to open source users, and not
spend a lot of time with packaging and shipping colorimeters. But I
may be wrong.
Another thing is what OEM exactly means. My interpretation is hardware
without software, but I may be wrong again. But if it is without
software it will not work with the hfcr software either, since you
have copy a dll file from the manufacture software to get the
communication up and running.

To buy quality hardware without software is of course a dream for most
linux users. And I think this is a great chance for them to pick up a
high quality devise for cheap. It looks like this price is the half of
what other reliable source sell it for. I'm tempted to use the
biblical expression "because thou knewest not the time of thy
visitation.'". In Norway we use this expression in everyday talk to
say something like "use the good opportunity when you have it."

Lars Tore Gustavsen