[argyllcms] Re: Problem accessing HCFR probe

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:33:19 +1000

Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:
I made some tests using /dev/ttyACM0, and I have some problems reading color patches : when they are very dark (neer black), I get a reading error, but it works fine with brighter color patches.

Did you observe the same with yours? Could it be a usb problem (with my patch), or just a sensor problem? How did you use it? Near or far the screen?

I observe quite long response times for low light. If I completely
black the sensor out, it takes about 26 seconds for the device to
respond. I would guess that the Linux ttyACM driver has a shorter
timeout than this. Talking via Libusb allowed me to set the timeouts
appropriately.