[argyllcms] Re: Printing using an ICC profile

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 14:47:34 +1100

Pedro Côrte-Real wrote:
I used it to do a calibration run in two phases. First with 1 Letter
sheet with ~450 patches and then 2 Letter sheets with ~900 patches.
targen seems to have some kind of bug and on the second run it would
enter some kind of 100% CPU infinite loop if I set the number of
targets at 900.

Hmm. It's not in a loop, it's just going v e r y  slowly.
(creating veronoi diagrams in multi-dimensional non-linear
spaces is fraught with numerical/geometric issues). I'll
see if I can find a way of avoiding this particular problem.

colprof also seems happier with the result:

profile check complete, peak err = 5.620475, avg err = 1.097661, RMS = 1.376567

Seems reasonable.

All in all I'm happy enough. Need to redo the process for the other
papers. Should I just do a one phase calibration with 900 points based
on the Glossy profile?

Probably, although (of course) it depends on how similar or different they are.