[argyllcms] Permissions problem under version 1.03

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:45:28 -0600

I am running Fedora Core 9.

Using version 1.03, I need to be root to run dispcal.  As myself, I get

dispcal: Error - Configuring USB port 'usb:/bus0/dev0 (GretagMacbeth i1
Display)' to 1 failed with -1 (could not set config 1: Operation not
permitted)

But under version 0.8, I can run dispcal as myself.

I'm sure I can eventually figure this out, bu t if someone can save me
some time by suggesting where the problem may lie, I would appreciate
it.  It may have something to do with the way that Fedora gives
permission to use usb ports to whoever is logged in at the console.  But
it also seems to have something to do with dispcal.
--
Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mathematics Department, Northwestern University