[argyllcms] Re: PDF workflow with gamut-mapped device link profiles?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:11:27 +1000

Ben Goren wrote:
I think the answer right now is, ``not yet,'' but is there any chance that I can perform a gamut-mapped device link profile conversion on a PDF instead of a TIFF?

I'd like to do some stuff with InDesign or Illustrator instead of Photoshop, but I'm spoiled by Argyll's quality....

It's quite complicated to do this type of thing. You basically
need a PostScript/PDF RIP to process the file, to get to
the color bits to transform them. It might be possible to
do a PDF only with less effort, but it still involved.

There are commercial products that can do this type of thing
(although I'm not sure about device links), and they cost serious $$$.