[argyllcms] Re: Océ Lightjet - Print or Video RGB?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:52:25 +1100

Michal Novotny wrote:
Océ Lightjet doesn't use any internal RGB->CMYK conversion, so should I use Print RGB or Video RGB targen option?

It will be CMY internally though, so PrintRGB.

My photolab doesn't provide any profile :-/ I've found few profiles on internet and by trial and error I've found one which visually corresponds to the printed photos, but I didn't do any measurements. I'd like to use this profile as a pre-conditioning profile and the question is what degree of adaptation is reasonable in my case?

Photo labs are notorious for not being stable processes, because
they deliberately "adjust" each photo. Unless you are pretty sure
that you have a profile that is a good match, I'd use a moderate
level of adaptation ( < 0.5 ?).

I'm probably going to make 6 A4 charts for DTP22 what means 4692 patches. Is this amount sufficient for good LUT profile? Or is it uselessly too much?

It might be too much for a first attempt. The consistency issues
would need to be sorted out first (ie. how do you make sure
that your photo's always get processed the same way, and don't
get the automatic per-photo adjustments applied to them ? It's
a human operator problem.)