[argyllcms] Re: Non-PC display profiling

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 19:49:26 +0300

FrИdИric wrote:

> I asked for similar feature, some time ago: Graeme made a dispcal version
> wich calls an external script at each measure. My script was just waiting
> for a key pressed, but you can put a timer, to return at a precise time...
> But I don't know if this feature is still implemented (I didn't try it
> with the last versions).

Unfortunately my programming experience almost zero and I don't know how to
deal with timer in scripts. I don't know even how to compile Argyll CMS source
code. (My OS is Windows Vista)
IMHO the requested feature with time-synchronized measurements will be relevant.

I have Eye-One pro. As I'm imaging the automated process for non-PC display:

- the patch sequence for displaying is optimized for high delta between patches
and between sequence parts by analogy with printtarg;

- the device being measured plays the sequence and dispread synchronized with
it (manually in the beginning);

- dispread reads the patches and checks the correctness of measured data by
delta by analogy with chartread;

- if there is high reading data mismatch detected, dispread asks the user to
"rewind" video or slideshow by some patches back. After manual synchronization
by time, dispread synchronizes patch position in the sequence themselves.

- as aerobatics dispread can synchronize themselves by time and by the sequence
position after several "pilot" patches in the beginning and by the regular
patches at will inside the sequence.

I think it's a lot of work to do this if it's possible. But it will be
universal display reading technique which can seriously increase the area of
effective application of Argyll CMS. The manual patch reading isn't productive.
That displays can not be calibrated thus the higher number measured patches is
required. So automation required too.