[argyllcms] Re: New to CMS - looking for advice on device to use with argyllcms

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 23:13:53 +0100

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak
<andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/03/2010 09:11 AM, Mike Peters wrote:
>
> During calibration, you are expected to adjust the monitor controls if
> possible. I use a menu, which is displayed in the center of the screen. I
> use "-P 0.0,0.5,1.5" to display the target on the left side of the screen,
> centered top to bottom, 1.5 times the normal size; in version 1.04, use
> lower case p. I use -v for a verbose listing.
>
> [andy@pitonyak bin]$ ./dispcal -v -yl -P 0,0.5,1.5 -o T240HD_F12_20100103

I'd highly recommend against this, since lighting is not even
throughout the screen. I'd always put the colorimeter in the center.
Thus far all LCDs I've seen have an option to change the OSD position,
where you can move it to the left or right.

The only thing you need to interactively adjust on a LCD is the
brightness anyways.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn