[argyllcms] Re: Neutralize Grey Axis

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:56:51 +0300

Graeme Gill wrote:

> Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:
> > No, I've checked FWA compensation by different ways with end user. It's
> > works fine and
> > it is better when FWA compensation is ON. The issue is the blue color of
> > the blank
> > paper and the transition from mid grays to lights. The grays are pretty
> > blue, while
>
> If the paper looks blue, then there is something weird going on in
> the viewing situation. It will only look blue of the observer is
> adapted to some other white reference. In side by side proofing,
> it's pretty important to select papers with compatible white
> points.

The trouble is in the viewing conditions, I suppose. Yes, observer is adapted
to neutral white or to the illuminant. The user
is professional photographer and he comparing the prints with prints from, for
example, minilab. The papers is differ, and
his aim is to achieve the same impressions from the prints. The profiles from
Espon or X-Rite are more pleasant than
ArgyllCMS ones it this specific case (the printer and the paper are same).