[argyllcms] Re: More questions about monitors

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Markku Kolkka <markkuk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Leonard Evens kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika keskiviikko, 1.
> huhtikuuta 2009):
>> If I don't want to spend more than $800 or so, which monitors
>> should I consider?
>
> HP LP2475w http://tinyurl.com/c6aslk
> It has a S-IPS panel, so viewing angles aren't a problem. If 24
> inches aren't enough, see LG W2600HP. Just be careful not to
> confuse it with the cheaper TN panel model LG W2600H.

I have the LP2475w too, I've been quite happy with it. It has a lot of
nice extra's,

Lot of connectors (2x DVI, DisplayPort, HDMI, and more).
Built in 6 port USB hub, and a height adjustable stand.

>> But, just in case, are there any monitors that I
>> should consider which are explicitly listed by Xorg?
>
> AFAIK, there aren't any monitors explicitly "supported" by Xorg.

What does Xorg have to do with your monitor? The only issues Xorg
will have with screens, is if they report broken info, like wrong size, etc...

The problem with lots of cheap screens, is dynamic contrast, this can
wreak havoc on profiling...

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn