[argyllcms] Re: More questions about monitors

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 19:03:57 +0200

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Lars Tore Gustavsen
<lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> As a small side-note, this is the procedure I use to characterize my screen:
>>
>>  http://blog.pcode.nl/2009/01/color-profiling-your-screen
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pascal de Bruijn
>>

> Since comments are closed in your blog I use e-mail instead. I read
> that you don’t load the calibration in the end. If so, is there any
> point to run dispcal at all in your case, other than to set the white
> level? My thinking is that you should then drop the dispread –k
> parameter, when the intension is not to load the calibration.
> Your blog are by the way great and interesting reading!

You have a very good point there...

I assumed targen used the calfile to generate the patches... which is
nonsense...

So I should drop -k indeed! And not surprisingly the results get even better.

I'm not loading the calibration, because it's way to bothersome. Having to load
the calibration data everytime I'm going to use a color managed application.

I'd rather let the application do all of the corrections. Even if it
might it's slightly
less accurate.

In the end I'm not a professional... So don't need the highest
possible accuracy...

> I have actually tried to write something myself about argyllcms in my
> native language (Norwegian), trying to spread colormanagment.
> http://www.mulebakken.net/fargestyring/fargestyring-monitor.pdf

Cool. But I won't be able to read it :)

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn