[argyllcms] Re: Monitor profiles and their (black point?) "readability"

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 01:00:41 +1000

Marco N. wrote:

I deduce that not all software can read the Argyll profiles (black point question?), and only PS can read it.

Wouldn't you expect an error message of some sort if the profiles
weren't readable ? Do you really mean that they give a different result ?

As far as I can assertion, the profiles are perfectly ICC compatible,
and have all required tags.

It's possible though that various CMMs will interpret profiles
differently. I have the impression that few browsers honor
ICC profiles correctly, although I don't have specific information
about Safari and Firefox 3.

Here one can download the stack with the screenshots of the three software and the profiles.

I'm not sure what "Here" is pointing to. Perhaps you meant to put a URL there ?