[argyllcms] Measuring spectral transmission of lenses (and filters, too)

Dear Listmembers,

For raw conversion, I need to decide if I'm going to use lens / filters
(polarizing filters are my primary concern) correction matrices over sensor
"profiles" or not. To make up my mind I need to take measurements of spectral
transmissions of different lenses and filters. Instrumentation I have is: i1Pro
and Spectrolino/SpectroscanT. I'm not sure I can use the lamp in SpectroscanT
(if you know it is possible please advise so), so I started with i1Pro.

From reading argyll/spotread documentation it seems that I can use emission
mode, measuring separately the light source as a backlit and the light from the
same source passing through the lens; than calculate the transmission dividing
the pairs of numbers for each wavelength. As far as I understand no ambient
light attachment is needed in this case.

Another option would be to use -t flag, however only DTP41T and SpectroScanT
are listed for this flag (with the option to use Spectroscan with a separate
backlit light). Does this mode works for i1Pro too? An attempt to run it with
i1Pro caused no error messages, however the results are different from those
obtained through spotread with -e flag (might be of course because in a quick
experiment the lens was not placed to the same position).

Any comments and advice would be highly appreciated.

On a side note, running spotread from Argyll CMS 1.3.3 with -p flag /projector
measurement mode/ (OS X 10.6.7) returned "unsupported for my i1Pro.

--
Iliah Borg
ib@xxxxxxxxxxx