[argyllcms] Re: Lost shadow detail in PS CS2 with Lab profile

> Another data point is that the same 16bit, 2.2 gamma radial grayscale in
> PS gives different black levels in the dead centre. It's K=90 for matrix
> profile and K=96 for Lab cLUT profile. Should be K=100, right?  I'm
> absolute newbie when it comes to color management and Photoshop, so don't
> know what to expect.
> --
> Vallo Kallaste

First I would suggest setting the grayscale working space to sGray in
Photoshop. By using sGray in Photoshop it should then match the default
behavior of pretty much ever other application used for viewing images.

Photoshop defaults to a dot-gain setting aimed towards printer output, which
really messes with the gamma of an image which is intended to be viewed on a
monitor.