[argyllcms] Re: Lost in the display calibration jungle

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:15:22 +0200

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM, Anders Torger <torger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a wide gamut display (Dell 2408WFP), and I like the concept
> although it introduces some CMS problems, so my next display will
> probably be wide gamut too. I publish most things on the web, and
> browser icc profile support is coming strong and wide gamut displays
> become more widespread so I see that it is likely that I will use
> AdobeRGB on many/most published web photos quite soon into the future.

Maybe I'm misunderstandig... But am I getting it right, that you're
intending to publish JPEGs online in AdobeRGB?

My advice: don't... lots of browser aren't color managed yet, so your
AdobeRGB files will "look" desaturated in most browsers...

I think only Firefox 3.5+ and Safari deal properly with non-sRGB files
by default, and as far as I know this isn't expanding any time soon...

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn