[argyllcms] Re: LibUSB

Roger Breton wrote:

remember a point where I just could not plugged an i1 into this PC without
it being for ever linked with Argyll's libUSB. No amount of Computer >Manage > Device > ... to switch the driver around
from X-Rite's or Argyll's would ever work :(

If you are on Win2K or XP, that will because the .inf files get
cached in the systems inf directory (as oemXX.inf files).

<http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Installing_MSWindows.html#UD>
explains how to find and delete these files.
(It can also be tricky negotiating the dialog tree.
 Take the wrong path and nothing seems to work.)

On Vista/Win7 there is now a checkbox you can use when
un-installing to do this.

switch the driver around to libUSB. And back. Is such a driver not possible
to program? I remember Graeme explaining once that it couldn't be done :(

I think this is possible, but it would take some effort to sort it out.
(Some of the work done to ease installation of libusb V1 could probably
be applied to this sort of thing.)