[argyllcms] Re: Lenovo ThinkPad W530 Colorimeter

  • From: Andrew Lutomirski <luto@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:14:52 -0700

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM, William Cohen <giantklein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't entirely understand how to read the disassembled output in DSDT.dsl,
> but The LID device seems to have some other checks in there before returning
> 0x01 (open) or 0x00 (closed):

That appears to be identical to my X220, which doesn't have a colorimeter.

Try i915.intel_panel_ignore_lid=1.  If that fails, try asking
intel-gfx for help.  If it succeeds, try asking the intel-gfx or the
dri list for how to support this use case for real.  (That assumes
that your Optimus configuration is actually using the i915 driver to
control the panel.)

--Andy