[argyllcms] Re: Lenovo ThinkPad W530 Colorimeter

  • From: William Cohen <giantklein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 19:01:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I did some investigation and found that the lid-close is controlled by a
magnetic sensor on the left side of the screen about 4/10 of the way up from
the bottom of the lcd bezel.  There is a matching magnet on the left edge of
the computer directly to the left of the CapsLocks key.  I tried using the
gnome-tweak-tool to make "Laptop lid close action on battery" and "Laptop lid
close action when on AC" be "Nothing".  However, the LCD screen is still
blanked even with those set to nothing.  Even when the machine is in the bios
setup screen the screen will be blanked when a magnet is next to the sensor.
The sesnor also appears to disable input from the laptop's keyboard.  Can see
the magnet affect the state of /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID/state with:

# while true; do cat /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID/state; sleep 1; done
state:      open
state:      open
state:      open
state:      closed
state:      closed

The kernel does load the thinkpad_acpi kernel module which appears to have a
number of controls related to the display, but I do not know if there are any
fields in there would address the problem. There is documentation at:

http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v3.5/Documentation/laptops/thinkpad-acpi.txt

-Will