[argyllcms] ImageTarget (Re: noise and gamut)

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 09:34:22 +0200

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:
I'm currently working on a (GTK-based and open source) GUI for the tiffgamut/icclink trick, with photographic output in mind - but it'd be trivial to wedge a blur or downsample filter into that for further experimentation.

In the meantime I made some experiments with downsampling and denoising to restrict the gamut mapping to the essential and found that particularly reproductions of textured masters (paintings on canvas) benefit from it when the output gamut is limited, so I think such features would suit ImageTarget well.

There is also a 1:1 zoom feature for ImageTarget on my wish list ;-)

Klaus