[argyllcms] Re: If I change my paper should I reprofile my printer?

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 18:05:49 +0200

Hi Adam,

yes, but all of these 4+n ink printers are usually driven as either CMYK or RGB and the driver/RIP converts the incoming data to the 4+n (the vendor drivers often exclusively take RGB input).

Am 08.04.2011 17:04, schrieb adam k:
Could elaborate on this?
I thought people profiled 4880 and other printers using Argyll.

Sent from iPhone

On Apr 8, 2011, at 10:58 AM, Graeme Gill<graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

ltkun wrote:
I have another problem now. My 1390 has six ink. So when I am creating a print
profile
test chart ,can I use "targen -d6 " to produce a test chart ? When I have done
this ,
and printed the chart ,I get a grey picture. Is it normal?

Argyll won't create profiles for printers a print driver that
has more than 4 inks. What colorspace does your print driver
expect ? Checking an existing ICC profile is one way of
determining this.

(i.e. the actual physical number of inks is irrelevant if
you can't get to them via the print driver, because it
converts some other space like RGB or CMYK into the
physical ink channels.)

Florian Höch