[argyllcms] Re: I don't understand the -u option

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 01:40:05 +1100

Leonard Evens wrote:
I don't seem to have much luck in choosing gamma I want.  Can you
suggest a reasonable strategy for accomplishing  that.   The problem
seems, at least in part, due to the idiosyncrasies of my monitor, a
Samsung 226cw.  I've tried working with the default settings and also
using the monitor controls, and neither approach seems to work very
well.  It seems that if I get one thing right, something else is bound
to be wrong.

Without some specific examples of what doesn't work, it's hard to
make suggestions.

Also, it seems that dispcal -r may be giving me misleading information
about gamma.  I believe we've discussed that before, but clearly it
didn't penetrate since I still don't understand it.

What makes you think you're not getting the gamma you ask for ?

Does this <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/gamma.html> help at all ?