[argyllcms] Re: How does the targen do the black generation withpre-conditioningprofile?

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:10:33 +0400

Graeme Gill wrote:
>No, it depends on the distribution chosen. For the -m points, the grid is in
>device space (ie. a 4 dimensional hyper-cube grid for CMYK).

But what about -I key?

Graeme Gill wrote:
>Maybe, although there are some other features in a similar vein I'd add first,
>such as being able to target test points at a particular L*a*b*, say the grey
>axis.

Okay, for the present time I'm get the gray axis patches by OpenOffice calc and
xicclu or icclu. But I pay attention for black generation, therefore I was
forced to ask "How does the targen do the black generation". How can You map
L*a*b to CMYK without subaudition of the black generation? It is multivariant
problem, especially for gray axis. I think the black generation options would
be useful too.

From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:58:09 +0400