[argyllcms] Re: Homebrew ColorChecker

On 2010 Feb 13, at 11:55 AM, Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

> And another welcome advantage of  using something that is near a
> ColorChecker is that lots of utilities can recognize the chart.

Well...yes and no.

Those  utilities  assume  that  the  ColorChecker  has  a  certain
spectral  characteristic, which  your  chart  won't have. That  is
to  say,  you've created  a  metameric  match under  D50  lighting
conditions,  but it's  a  near-certain guarantee  that your  chart
won't match a ColorChecker under fluorescent lighting.

It would  be educational  for you,  I think,  to compare  plots of
the  spectra  of  your  chart  with the  spectra  from  an  actual
ColorChecker.

Cheers,

b&