[argyllcms] Re: Hardware platforms supported? FHS 2.0 compliance?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 13:44:09 +1100

Rene Bartsch wrote:

Gentoo supports the following platforms:

alpha
amd64
arm
hppa
ia64
m68k
mips
ppc
ppc64
ppc-macos
s390
sh
sparc
x86

In the Gentoo installation-packages (ebuilds),
such a keyword shows if the package supports that platform.

A preceding '~' marks the package being in a testing state
for that platform, while a '-' marks it as non-working.

e.g.

"x86"  means it's in a working state on the x86 platform
"~x86" means it's in a testing state on the x86 platform
"-x86" means it is not working       on the x86 platform

Which platforms does autotools-argyll support in the three states?

I'm doubt there's a comprehensive list, since the user base of Argyll isn't that large, and no attempt has been made to catalogue which systems people have had success on. Under Linux, it works on at least the x86 platform. It works on ppc under OSX 10.3, but I don't recall anyone reporting it works on Linux ppc - etc.