[argyllcms] Re: Generated camera profile too bright

  • From: Ridouan Agarad <ridouan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 10:26:43 +0200

I just tried to do the same (generating a "scene-referred" image) with Adobe

Camera Raw and the raw NEF image turned out reasonably OK (the white patch

had RGB values of 190,190,190). Your TIFF file definitely looks off, way too

dark.

The interesting question then is, does the ACR generated file have gamma
applied?

Not sure... If you'd like, I could send you the TIFF file I generated. You
could then perform the exact same generation steps and compare the results.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the absence of gamma application shouldn't
result in a extremely dark image, but rather in a darkish, "flat" looking
image.

To be honest, my experience with argyllcms to create input profiles is
limited to scanners. My camera profiles have all been done with the DNG
profile editor, which requires RAW files (in the form of DNG) as input.