[argyllcms] Re: Gamut mapping problems in 1.1.0

Hi Klaus,

I'm the other Martin.

2009/11/9 Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> How did you use tiffgamut and collink -g / -G on Bill Atkinson's Lab images?
> Did you convert them to RGB? How? Which RGB? Did you cut-out the individual
> images before using tiffgamut? (this will make a big difference!) Did you
> try tiffgamut -f?

I did the following conversions. No tiffgamut used.

1. collink -G -ip -cmt -dpp ProPhoto.icm ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc devlink.icc
2. In Photoshop I converted Bill Atkinson's Lab Test Page to
ProPhotoRGB colour space.
3. Then, conversion cctiff -ip ProPhoto.icm -ip ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc
rgbinfile.tif cmykoutfile.tif
4. and cctiff devlink.icc rgbinfile.tif cmykoutfile.tif

The whole image from step 4 is really desaturated compared to 3.

Martin Weberg