[argyllcms] Re: Gamut mapping problems in 1.1.0

On 9 Nov 2009, at 15:14, Idea Digital Imaging wrote:

More delicate images like the rose on the test image also lose out as the "glow" of the petals is reduced by the 1.1 gamut mapping.

I've done more of a useful test -- re-separated and proofed a live job and taken a good hard look at it in the viewing booth with a couple of the retouchers.

It's a fashion story with bright and saturated clothing and, in general everybody was pleased with the slightly more open shadows and the smoothness and detail in the saturated colours.

There was a feeling that a little more could be done to boost the saturated colours so we did a couple more conversions using Klaus's tweaked version of collink but then felt that maybe these were a little too contrasty particularly in blues and greens.

The only real concern was that we were losing saturation in delicate skin tones -- just like the glow in the petals that I mentioned above.

--
Martin Orpen
Idea Digital Imaging Ltd