[argyllcms] Re: [Fwd: Re: [Xcb] Assert in xcb_io.c:542]

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 13:59:24 +1100

Mathieu R. wrote:
whoho! you're right : it work now well, even with my distro's packages!

It would be good to know exactly what happens between these two situations
(ie. before you do a "xrandr --output VGA1 --right-of LVDS1 --auto").

Does dispwin exit with the xcb assert ?
Does it do this when selecting the built in display ?
Does it do this when selecting the external ?
Does it do this no mater what display is/is not selected ?

(ie. I'm trying to figure out if XRandR is playing up here.)

The xcb assert appears to be due to a bug in the X11 server -
it appears that XRRGetCrtcGamma() doesn't respond to an X error
correctly, triggering the xcb assert.