To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:15 PM
Subject: [argyllcms] Re: Flags for Profile

ronn kling wrote:
I am only usinfg the -u flag

profile -v -qu -u camImageFile

I am trying to compare the same image processed with two profiles. One
created with profile Maker and the other created with argyll.

It appears from the documentation that the -u flag overrides any
intent setting flags.  Am I reading this correctly?

Normally (w/o -u option) the profile command chooses the color of
unprinted paper (i.e. Dmin or GS00 patch) as media white point location
for scanner profiles. With the -u option, the media white point is
placed at D50 instead. This has the side effect that relative
colorimetric and ICC-absolute intent will give the same result. Since
D50 is outside the gamut of the calibration target, the profile will
need to extrapolate the region between Dmin and D50.

Regards,
Gerhard