[argyllcms] Re: First experiences with i1pro linux

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 00:08:20 +1000

Geert Janssens wrote:
Question 1: I have to disconnect the i1 from the usb port after each run and reconnect it before a can perform a second dispcal run. If I try to run a second test without disconnecting, I get an error:
dispcal: Error - dispread failed with 'Instrument Access Failed'

Yes, it's a known interaction of the Linux USB stack and the i1. There is a fix
in the pipeline that should appear in the Linux 2.6.26 kernel (or so I'm told).

I am following the tutorials in the Argyll documentation to do a calibration, which suggests to reset the lcd to factory defaults for a start. So I did.

With the factory defaults set, dispcal -yl -r doesn't run succesfully anymore. I allways get this error:
Sample read failed due to misread
Hit Esc, ^C or Q to give up, any other key to retry:
when dispcal tries to read the white test window.

When I reduce the brightness of the screen to 50%, the test succeeds.

Is this behaviour expected and how do I best deal with it?

Sounds like your srcreen is extremely bright. What do you get if you run
"spotread -d" mode ? How about "spotread -e" mode ?