[argyllcms] Re: Feature request: test window with no borders

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 19:00:03 +1100

Jerome Stolfo wrote:

I have a small feature request: for tritubes projectors, we need to calibrate on a small test window. dispcal can do that, but on windows xp, the gray windows border are visible, and make the sensor give false values.

Sorry, I'm not really following. Why do you need to calibrate on a small
test window ?

If the grey borders give problems, then surely no border will
also give problems ?

Would it be possible, instead of displaying a small window with borders around it, to have an option to display a full screen window with a black background, and the colored rectangle would be inside it?

Surely the black background will cause the same problems that
the border causes. You need to arrange things so that the instrument
doesn't "see" the edge of the test window, no matter what
the edge consists of.

For now I was doing it by displaying a black picture on the background, and by building a custom xp theme with black windows borders, but it's not a good solution :-)

Doing a full screen black background may be a desirable thing for
CRT's, but it makes it difficult to monitor progress and control
what's going on. I'll keep it in mind, but being platform
sensitive, it may take some effort to figure out how to
do such a thing.