[argyllcms] FWA correction in XYZ space

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 00:36:55 +0200

Graeme,

The following heretical thought just came into my mind: I'm actually wondering whether it might be possible to apply FWA compensation somehow in tri-chromatic space.

My ulterior motive is to measure a printer target (> 1000 patches) with a DTP51 (auto-scan, but no spectral readings), and to correct the DTP51 readings, based on a model whose parameters are estimated from a *small* number of spectral measurements taken with a hand-held spectrometer. I guess the intentions is clear - I'm too lazy to measure thousands of patches with a hand-held instrument :-)

I suspect, a 3x3 matrix + offset term is probably not sufficient as model for this purpose, is it? Is there another promising model you could imagine for converting XYZ_dtp51 to XYZ_fwa_corrected?

Regards,
Gerhard