[argyllcms] Re: FW: Re: Question regarding gamut mapping for photographic images

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:15:00 +1000

Greg Sullivan wrote:

I've just been reading some of the earlier messages about this gamut mapping
issue. In the message below, I really do not get the impression that Argyll
maps the source gamut to the extremeties of the destination gamut. The main reason for my doubt is the mention of applying a "modest saturation
enhancement". To me this doesn't mean the same thing as mapping the
extremeties. :)

The "modest saturation enhancement" refers to increasing saturation beyond what is achieved by mapping the source gamut to match the destination, ie. "enhanced" rather than just "maintain" the relative saturation of colors within a gamut.