[argyllcms] EyeOne Pro Not Calibrating Properly

  • From: Timothy Hattenberger <thattenberger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 12:03:08 -0800

I plugged in a recently re-certified Eye One and argyll recognized it fine. I then calibrate on the white tile, and proceed to setting the monitor luminance. I just calibrated this display last evening with an I12 and set it to ~124 cd/m2, but the I1 Pro measured it at approximately ~178cd/m2. So I used the EyeOne match software with the I1 Pro to see what was going on, and that measured properly (~125 cd/ m2). I think the problem is that when I do a calibration of the I1 Pro in EyeOne Match, it turns the light on and takes a reflectance measurement of the white tile. The light does NOT come on when calibrating using Argyll, which I think I can convince myself would lead to the artificially high measurements. I tried calibrating on a dark surface and also with no calibration (-N) and got the same results. Any ideas? I pasted the dispcal command below and also the data Argyll reads for the instrument upon dispcal initialization.

Thanks,
Tim Hattenberger

dispcal -v -d1 -c1 -yl -w0.31271,0.32902 -b120 -gs -p0.5,0.5,2.0 -o Dell_I1_120308

Instrument Type:   Eye-One Pro
Serial Number:     118383
Firmware version:  202
CPLD version:      2
Date manufactured: 14-10-2008
U.V. filter ?:     No
Measure Ambient ?: Yes
Tot. Measurement Count:           1079
Remission Spot Count:             35
Remission Scan Count:             1
Date of last Remission spot cal:  Thu Nov 20 15:05:32 2008
Remission Spot Count at last cal: 23
Total lamp usage:                 13.500401
Place instrument on test window.
Hit Esc, ^C or Q to give up, any other key to continue:
Display type is LCD
Target white = xy 0.312710 0.329020
Target white brightness = 120.000000 cd/m^2
Target black brightness = native brightness
Target gamma = sRGB curve

The information contained in this message and its attachments is
confidential and proprietary to LAIKA, Inc.  By opening this email
or any of its attachments, you agree to keep all such information
confidential and not to use, distribute, disclose or copy any part
of such information without the prior written consent of LAIKA,
Inc.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any use,
distribution, disclosure or copying of such information is prohibited.
If received in error, please contact the sender.