[argyllcms] Re: Explain what happened

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <ltgustavsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:48:19 +0100

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:21 PM, Leonard Evens
<len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to tell my version of X11 under Fedora 9 what my display
> profile is?   If so, how do I do it?  And if I did it, would any of my
> applications be able to make use of it.  gimp is supposed to be able to
> use the system monitor profile, and I believe that other applications
> are also supposed to be able to do it.
>
> I understand that the appropriate atom is _ICC_PROFILE.   I've found out
> how to list atoms, but I don't see any way to set one.
> --
> Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Mathematics Department, Northwestern University

Normaly this is done with
dispwin -I myprofile.icc
You have to do this each time you have created a new profile. The LUT
needs to be loaded each time you restart X11. There is also some
issues with  gnome-screensaver. Try to search for gnome-screensaver at
this list. I mean type the following into google:
gnome-screensaver lut  site:www.freelists.org/archives/argyllcms

Regards
Lars Tore Gustavsen