[argyllcms] Re: DispcalGui 0.4.9.2 and Spyder3

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:55:41 +0200

Hi,

yes, it's a known problem. I've been too terse on the timeout I specified for launching Argyll CMS tools and the instrument initialization phase. This seems to happen only for some instruments like the Spyder 3, which requires a bit more time to initialize. Another related problem is that the operation does not correctly abort if the timeout is reached. Both issues will be fixed shortly with an updated release.

Regards,

Am 13.07.2010 16:44, schrieb Hugo Meinedo:
Dear Florian,

I've tried to use a Spyder3 with dispcalGUI 0.4.9.2 and ArgyllCMS v1.1.1 in Mac
OS X 10.6.4 but dispcalGUI gets stuck during the instrument setup phase.
In the old version, the one with a terminal window, it was necessary to press "any
key" to proceed. In this newer version,
the terminal window does not appear and my guess is that dispcal is waiting for the
"any key" to be pressed.
I opened a terminal and run dispcal,

/Applications/Argyll_V1.1.1/bin/dispcal -v2 -d1 -c1 -yl  -R

and it works ok.

Best regards,
Hugo Meinedo

--