[argyllcms] Re: Determining TIL

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:28:49 +0300

Graeme Gill wrote:

> Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:
>
> > colprof -v -al -qu -iD50 -o1931_2 (-f) -bn -nc preliminary
> >
> > So there isn't a bug, because I didn't include *.ti3 data.
>
> OK - is there any reason you're using -nc + applycal rather than simply
> letting the calibration flow though ?

Yes, the reason is the volume of *.ti3 data vith high resolution spectrum. In
some cases with more than thousand patches the *.ti3 data are 1.5 or even more
megabytes by size. Since I can do a couple of profiles while experimenting, I'd
like to not include ti3 data into the profile.

> I don't think -bn is doing anything though, as it only applies
> to input profiles. -bl is better if you want to reduce B2A table
> generation (or the undocumented -B).

May be there was a bug with 1.1.0_RC1, because with -qu -bl options the colprof
seems to do -bu-quality B2A table. And it was impossible to wait till colprof
-qu -bl completes the profile. I didn't check it the RC2, but with v1.0.4 -bl
have work as it should.