[argyllcms] Re: Dell U2711 - is it any good?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 10:59:41 +1000

Rishi Sanyal wrote:
this before for individual colorimeters. Actually, why can't they do
it now for existing colorimeters? Say you send your colorimter in&
they measure the transmission spectrum of each filter? I guess you'd
need to then put that in the firmware, etc. which might get
complicated?

A thought that's crossed my mind (even before I heard about the
X-Rite colorimeters) is that it would be possible to generically
characterise various colorimeter models, and therefore be able to
create correction matrices for all colorimeters from a single
display measurement (ie. it turns the current ccmx from
an N x M combinatorial problem to an N + M measurement problem).
Characterising spectral sensitivity of input devices takes a
good deal of equipment though.