[argyllcms] Re: Dell U2711 - is it any good?

Rishi Sanyal wrote:
Doesn't your adaptive mode help with the spectrophotometer (or
'spectroradiometer')? Or can the adaptive mode only help to a certain
extend? I understand that colorimeters  with matched filters can be

Adaptive helps the accuracy, but it doesn't help stability. The main
drawback of the current i1Pro and Munki spectrometers is that
they aren't temperature compensated when in emissive mode,
while many of the colorimeters are temperature stabilised.

My dispcal/dispread -Ib option is an attempt to work around this
issue with the current spectrometers. (I'd expect the really
expensive spectrometers to be temperature compensated though.)