[argyllcms] Re: DTP94

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 12:10:43 +1000

robbie wrote:
I'd like to set up redshift (software) with readings for the ambient
light in my room, so I can keep the color prof. in tune with my
conditions. Can you help me in any way with this?

You'll have to be a bit clearer about what you are trying to do.

What is "redshift" ? There is a lot of different software
that uses this name - ie. A FireFox display theme, iPhone games developer,
Planetarium software, a web development company, an installer
creation package, etc.

I can't find a datasheet anywhere for the life of me - my colorimeter is
a DTP94 (Monaco Optix XR: 0x0765 0xd094 X-rite).

Datasheet on what ?

The DTP94 doesn't have an ambient light capability.

Argyll doesn't support dynamic display calibration curves. If you
have an instrument that supports ambient light reading capability,
or some other way to measure or estimate your ambient light level,
then you can create display calibrations that compensate for
the change in ambient between the source viewing conditions
and actual viewing conditions. [You can also do this in
the profile creation by setting appropriate CIECAM02 parameters,
but note this is exclusive - you would use one approach or
the other.]

There is no facility to automatically load different calibrations
manually.