[argyllcms] Re: DPT94 doesn't seem to work in 1.3.0

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:28:32 +1000

Simon Kirby wrote:
dispwin is unhappy with My DPT94 when I try 1.3.0 binaries, source, or a
build of 1.3.1 beta.  Debian sid 1.1.1 package seems to work, as does my
ancient 0.70 beta 8 build.

1.1.1:
[sroot@oof:~]# dispcal -K -H -m -g2.2 -yl -q h -v -o acd
XRandR 1.2 is faulty - falling back to older extensions
Setting up the instrument
 Instrument Type:  DTP94
 Serial Number:    109477
 Boot version:     D929
 Software version: DB06
Place cap on the instrument, or place in on a dark surface,
or place on the white calibration reference,
 and then hit any key to continue,
 or hit Esc or Q to abort:

1.3.0:
[sroot@oof:/usr/src/argyll/Argyll_V1.3.0/bin]# ./dispcal -K -H -m -g2.2 -yl -q
h -v -o acd
XRandR 1.2 is faulty - falling back to older extensions
Setting up the instrument
dispcal: Error - docalibration failed with return value -1

Sorry, I'm unable to reproduce this.

First try simplifying your options.
(The DTP94 doesn't support the -H option for instance.
 It's also probably not a good idea to put -o as the last
 option either, since it has an optional file argument.)

Try:

    ./dispcal -v -yl acd

and see if it talks to the instrument.

Then try:

    ./dispcal -v -yl -K acd

and see if you get an error.

If you do get a problem, then you can help diagnose it by
using -D:

    ./dispcal -v -D5 -K acd

[BTW: you need to subscribe to this list and post from the email address
 you subscribed from, for your posts to make it to the list.]