[argyllcms] Creating a null transform output device

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 20:27:59 -0400

Would such a thing be feasible?

Suppose I'm running against a particular of printer which only accepts a
pair of ICC profile: one for some Source and one for some Destination,
presumably the printer itself. I would like to short-circuit that transform
alltogether. No, there are no support for device-link-profile. It's a dumb
printer driver, I know :(

Ideally, what I'm trying to do is to find a way to make the printer accept
my device values directly. That's why I'm thinking about a pair of profiles
I could plug into this workflow that creates the equivalent of a null
transform. If such a thing is feasible.

Would it be possible to create output profile that are not LUT-based? As per
the ICC specs? And have the TRC in those profiles set up linear?

And if I make the source's primaries = the destination's primaries, would I
increase my chance of getting Input values = Output values?

Roger Breton