[argyllcms] Re: Comparing Input / Output ICC profiles the correct way?

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:45:08 +0200

Am 12.10.2010 15:39, schrieb gklima@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> Question: What rendering intent is the correct one for such a comparison
> (absolute RI?)? I want to know how much (in %) of the input profile is
> printable with the output profile.

I'd say the answer (whether to use absolute or relative intent for the
gamut comparison) depends on the rendering intent you want to use when
converting images from the source to the destination color space (or in
other words, whether you want to align the white points and gray axes of
the two gamut hulls or not).

Regards,
Gerhard