[argyllcms] Re: Comparing Input / Output ICC profiles the correct way?

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 19:24:00 -0400

The correct RI is absolute, no question, when converting CMYK to CMYK.
As for telling what percentage of the input is in the output space, using
iccgamut switches, I would know. I confess not using iccgamut nearly enough.
As for resources for learning why, the ICC specs is a good place to start
but keep in mind what the goal of the comparison is. If absolute accuracy is
the goal then absolute RI is the only way to know.

Best / Roger